19/01/2012

2012: Exam Season

So I've already fallen short of my 'once a week update' promise but I guess you already knew that that would happen, right? Sowy! Anyways, it is 2012, despite what my writing hand thinks, and I am back Aberlandia, the Abersphere - Aberystwyth and I was so glad that my room was nice and tidy on my return. I had worried it would be messy because the day I left I was much more focused on throwing up and recovering from what is known as a 'hangover'. Rough. 


I have realised that my once a week update might be slightly difficult as I am currently in exam season and so most of my time is taken up with revision (yay...). I had my first exam yesterday (Jan 18) - Russian Politics. It went all right, I think. The course is very good, it's so interesting and only really heightened my strange interest in all things Russian but the exam was an exam, there is no fun to be had in exams no matter what it's subject may be. My revision mainly consisted of drawing up brainstorms, I call them brainstorms because that is what they are and I really don't see the need in re-naming them 'mind maps', surely a mind map would be much too complex to draw up? Here are my revision efforts for you all to see:


7/14 of my brainstorms


A closer look at 1 of my brainstorms, "Khruschev's legacy


Just two more exams to go now, Development of the Welsh Language and Modern Welsh Poetry neither of which I am looking forward and have only really just started revising for. They are both rather difficult subjects in all honesty and I now have to effectively change language as Russian Politics was done through English, gonna have a Welsh fortnight I think! 


Hope the beginnings of 2012 are going well for the rest of you and I WILL update the blog next week after my Welsh exams - that's a promise!
Liam x

No comments:

Post a Comment