30/12/2011

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Cannot believe that I haven't posted anything since August! In my defence, I have been rather busy starting my final year of University and whatnot! Also, not much has really been happening with me which is a pleasant change really, of course there's drama all around me but I'm not at the centre of things - how times change!!


So, for the sake of catching up, let's start with September. I moved back to Aber (following the summer holidays) late September into Cwrt Mawr halls of residence - and maybe this is because I'm Welsh but it does perplex me hearing others struggle to pronounce an easy bit of Welsh. It's a nice flat really, on the ground floor for the 3rd year in a row, good for moving in but my window looks right out onto a car park and cars pretty much park in my window - annoying! But I've gotten used to it, begrudgingly. We are directly across from the University's Cwrt Mawr Bar, convenient unless you're not going out in which case you have to put up with a bit of noise but, again, it's not really all that bad. 9 single bedrooms, 2 toilets, 2 showers and 1 fairly large kitchen in all, not too shabby! After a couple of months of people coming in and out we now have a full flat, 8 3rd years and 1 first year (bless him) and it also seems that the flat is generally pro-Welsh (language) which is always a bonus. 4 of us speak the lingo, 3 people are learning the lingo and 2 Englishmen. Everyone gets on which is marvellous and with only a few minor fall outs amongst various people the flat looks set to remain murder free for the whole year!


Very briefly, all my subjects are going well (touch wood), no firsts this semester - a couple of marks of a first in my Russian politics module *sob* - but I'm not about to complain about 2:1s! I have 3 exams this semester, Russian politics, development of the Welsh language and Welsh poetry since 1979 and I have already had my Russian exams which I think very well. Russian is such a difficult language!! But I really do enjoy it and I think I'm slightly ahead of some of the others which is always good for the ego!


It's been a merry Christmas in Barry, I essentially got a load of clothes for Christmas and will no doubt acquire some more clothes in the January sales. I do love a bit of clothes shopping. 


New Year's is around the corner! My resolution to this blog is to post regularly! I've said it before, I know but starting in January I WILL post at least once a week - feel free to chastise me if this doesn't happen.


Hope you all had a great Christmas and I hope that you all have the willpower to stick to your resolutions - I know I'm gonna need a hell of a lot of willpower!
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Diolch am ddarllen,
Liam x

No comments:

Post a Comment