06/06/2010

Chart Time: Alec

This is the detailed result to Alec's line on the Chart Time graph. To make it easier to visulaise, here's Alec's line alone on the graph:
And a reminder of the key:
Vertical axis:
The 'emotion line'
0 = Unknown
1 - 24 = Dislike/Hate
25 - 49 = Neutral
50 - 69 = Friend
70 - 75 = Close friend
76 - 84 = Crush
85 - 100 = Love
100+ = Life consuming obsession (not proud but there it is)

Horizontal axis:
All Stages roughly signify a year but focus on a particular event which, of course, varies from person to person
S1 - 2006
S2 - 2007
S3 - 2008
S4 - First half of 2009
S5 - Second half of 2009 (University)
S6 - 2010/present

To start, who is Alec? Very basically he is a very close friend who I could not live without! I don't remember when we first started talking or when/how we became as close as we are now but the important thing is that we are :) He has been a major source of support in my life which is why I couldn't imagine life without him.

S1 - 2006: This is the year I came out to some friends and Alec was the second person I told. On the graph Alec receives 70. A close friend who I trusted my most important secret to.

S2 - 2007: 70, still a close reliable friend, especially now as Dima avoided me since I first told him I fancied him. I guess at this point I may have considered Alec my only real friend. Awww!

S3 - 2008: 73 an even closer friend, by 3 whole points! I had finally started being nicer to people and as a result relations with anybody and everybody generally improved and Dima had began talking to me. I was definately happier at this time and opened up more to people which is why I became better friends with Alec I guess.

S4 - Early 2009: 63, not very close friends for a short period during 09 because of discussions around a camping trip. While in the 6th form common room with Dima and Milica, Dima made a very distasteful joke about how the trip would be better without any girls going which impressed neither Milica nor I which kinda created big tensions in the social group and I decided to support Milica which had negative effects on pretty much all my other friendships.

S5 - Latter 2009: 23 - a severe decline here but this is only representative of one night really not the whole latter half of 2009. Alec was staying in my room at Aber uni and I was reminded of him outting me to my sister, I was only reminded and made furious by the fact because I had found out from a third party that Alec had slept with my cousin which I wasn't impressed with in any fashion. We made up in the early hours and it took me about 2/3 days to get over it though he promised me a teddy which I've yet to receive so we'll see what happens... ;)

S6 - Now: 76 according to the key this means I fancy him, while he is very attractive (wink, wink) and I do love him as a great, great friend the 76 is really just supposed to show close friend isn't a good enough term to describe him so 76 will now represent some form of  'super friend' :)

So that was Alec's significance in my life (totally underplayed obviously), his line is fairly basic only taking one serious dip but that was justified surely?!

Links:
Chart Time: The Chart

Engill x

No comments:

Post a Comment