04/04/2012

Pasg (again)

Easter holidays again already? Madness. What's also mad is the lack of recent posts. Been a bit distracted lately - tut tut. Anyways, the Easter holidays have returned and this time I am spending the hols in Aberystwyth. Why? Well I've never been the biggest fan of Barry, the chav capital of Wales, but having said that I still have some good friends and family there who I will no doubt get a chance to see once uni has come to an end anyway and, speaking of uni, I thought staying might make me more productive as I have two essays to write by the end of the holidays but I have done very little - no work as of yet. Silly, silly me. There are currently 4 of us still here (including me, and that's out of 9) so I've no reason to get lonely or overly bored, besides, I like the quiet and surprisingly ghost-like town of student-less Aber.


So if I've not been working, what have I been up to? Well I have been trying (and failing) to deal with some of the emotional nonsense that I've alluded to in previous posts but I don't want to go into details as the blog has been depressing enough recently! Dealing/not dealing with that kinda stuff has taken up a fair chunk of time but I have otherwise been working on my creative writing. I have 2 story ideas, for one I've pretty much finished planning and have written the first chapter and for the other I've done some more planning after having left it alone for about a year. They are both, of course, in Welsh and giving the plots away would be silly but I will divulge the titles I've given them (please feel free to be critical if you fancy it): 'Glaw Galarus' ('Mournful Rain') and 'Effro' ('Awake'). The stories are not connected so one's not the follow up of the other or anything. The hope is to have finished planning them both and to have written one by September/October and try my luck with publishers like Y Lolfa & Academi.

To finish, I will share with you what I believe to be the greatest song of 2012 - I cannot stop listening to it and despite the fact it was only released last month it has already soared its way to number 3 of my top 25 on iTunes and I doubt its long until it takes second place. Anyway, here is Loreen with "Euphoria":

Sorry for the boring post, I will try to make the next one much more interesting! I suppose this was just to show that I've not forgotten about Nóttmare and I think I'm getting better at this Twitter malarkey so do feel free to follow me.
Diolch am ddarllen!
Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment