04/02/2012

My Higgledy-Piggledy Week

Well it has been over as week since my last post (surprised?) so feel free to mutter something under your breath if it takes your fancy. Done? Good - moving on...


I'll start with exam-based news, I had 3 exams, Modern Welsh Poetry, Russian Politics & Welsh Language Development. Russian Politics came first and I am not at all sure how that went, I'm feeling quietly optimistic about it especially as I did well in the essay for that course. Next was Welsh Language Development, I put so much work into that exam and the essay and project that went with it so if it doesn't turn out great I probably will be devastated but apart from getting lost and turning up a teeny bit late to the exam, I feel it went really well - a good sign? Will have to wait and see... And finally we come to Modern Welsh Poetry. Hopeless, I found it really difficult to revise for so I essentially wasted time that would have been better spent revising. Following the exam I thought that I'd fail for sure but after seeing my essay result (a 1st - total shocker) I'm hoping that I'll at least scrape a pass - that's really all I want from that module!


So life in general, from the Saturday after my last exam right up until today really I've had a hard time of things. I felt really low and over thought pretty much everything which causes problems not just for me but for those around me. I cannot have been a great person to be around the past few days. The low point of this mini spell of depression has to be convincing myself that I've fallen out with one of my best friends which was, of course, total nonsense. Thankfully, after hours and hours of talking to people, sometimes from evenings till 4-8 o'clock in the morning - I'm a really inconvenient depressive - I'm feeling much better today, yay! Unfortunately, despite lessons from my past, I have inconveniently 'fallen' for someone I shouldn't BUT it's all out in the open, he took it well and I don't see it becoming a problem. Phew.


I am mainly keeping myself busy with Creative Writing at the moment because my portfolio is due in March, really need to get a move on with that. I do enjoy writing creatively but I haven't managed to get much done in the last couple of weeks what with revision, exams and sad times. All of my modules will begin/continue next week - Welsh Grammar, Britain & Ireland in Peace & War & The Cold War. A nice and fairly easy final semester I think which is handy pre-graduation. The next few weeks will definitely be work-ridden (sad face) buuuuuut I'm having a generally good time at the moment and my outlook is fairly positive - more yays! 


Hope your 2nd month of 2012 is going better than mine so far! 
Liam x  


PS - how fantastic a word is 'higgledy-piggledy'? Love it!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you give yourself enough credit! you are a lovely person, and your friends love you. I have never seen you without anyone. And everyone spirals, everyone gets a tad depressed every now and then. Sometimes I find I have stuffed several bags of sweets whilst crying over nothing...or maybe puppies, or skinny people haha! but still, you'll work it out. A lot of it also comes from stress. You have had a lot on, and maybe now you'll be free to organise and sort yourself out. You make your own future. Stay positive, and remember you're loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy, diolch for your message - made my day! I imagine stress has a lot to do with it, especially seeing as this whole thing was around the exam period and blah, blah, blah. I've had my fair share of sweets this past week but I'm afraid I cannot condone puppy or skinny people eating, a bit too naughty! I must work on not over thinking things and messages like this definitely help so thanks again!! x

      Delete