21/04/2011

25 Tracks

While I'm 'insighting' (it's a made-up word I rather like, don't confuse with inciting!) I thought I could share my music by showing you my iTunes top 25. I will omit nothing, so anything embarrassing will be featured and, to add to said embarrassment, I will include the number of plays. I think the music someone listens to can help define them, though of course it's not an absolute science.


25. Firework - Katy Perry (139 plays)
Brilliant song, brilliant singer. It's an up-tempo, uplifting song though I love pretty much anything by Katy Perry so it's no surprise she's in my top 25.


24. Parachute - Cheryl Cole (147 plays)
You know when you're in a relationship with someone and you may have a song? Well this was my song with a certain guy featured in The Aber Affair. It's been over a year since we broke up but I played this so much while we were together and after we broke up that it's managed to stay in the top 25 despite falling so many places.


23. Her Name is Alice - Shinedown (148 plays)
I am a massive fan of anything Alice in Wonderland and this song is taken from the soundtrack to Tim Burton's film adaptation or 'sequel', whatever you wanna call it. The song is a rock song that tells the story of Alice through a darker twist which I love. 


22.  Part of Me - Katy Perry (156 plays)
Gorgeous song, again uplifting but I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is I love about this song. The music is amazing, the lyrics are beautiful and they create a fantastic combination. (Lack of video is due to the fact the song is leaked, rumoured to be on a deluxe version of Teenage Dream).


21. Be My Valentine (Anti-Crisis Girl) - Svetlana Loboda (158 plays)
Ukrainian pop = amazing! This song is just pure fun, very dance-y and pop-y. This song was used to represent Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Russia and I was very disappointed to see it come 11th. A song just for fun, this song has been in my top 25 for over 2 years!


A nice start I think, mainly pop with a bit of rock thrown in, mainly fun, uplifting stuff with a twist which probably does go a long way to describe me.
Next 5 to come soon!
Liam x

No comments:

Post a Comment