23/02/2011

Y Siart: 23/2

Again, very sorry about lack of updates, just been so busy lately with uni work and reading etc, etc! To summarise, I got a new case for my glasses, it's bright red and reads 'Glasses (not drinking ones)' and the cloth that came with it is bright yellow and reads 'Long time no see' both of which I think are very funny, though that may just be me... I also managed to find time to get a haircut today and I will get a picture up soon, I'm having it dyed tomorrow so any time after then - so look out for my new look (glasses and all) on here and/or on my Facebook :)


On with the chart! I have to say that the songs I listen to most haven't really changed all that much this week but don't worry as there are songs that I still love that I think you should hear!!


3. Clinigol - Y Gwir


Video | iTunes top 25: n/a


A Welsh song to start, I'm not a massive fan of the Welsh language scene as it's all very rock/pop/folk and there's little variation but Clinigol has earned a place on my blog because their music is just amazing!! Their music is a lot less rock/pop/folk and a lot more electronic which, of course, I love! I heavily recommend buying their stuff on iTunes, it's just brilliant, all of it.  


2. Cristal Snow - Wicked


Video | iTunes top 25: 19


I can't remember quite how I came across this very cool-ily, creepy Finn but I am so glad I did! His music has a creepy vibe to it even though it's all Europop/hint of rock and his music videos show this perfectly. This was the first song I heard/video I saw of his and I immediately found his album on iTunes and bought it. The best thing about this song is the childish kind of chant which, again, is creepily brilliant!


1. Shinedown - Her Name Is Alice


Video | iTunes top 25: 21


Why is a song that is not very recent or very obscure my number one? Good question, the answer is that I'm not really sure. It only recently made it into my top 25 but besides that I do really, really, really like it. I love anything and everything Alice in Wonderland and, as the title might suggest, this song is from the album Almost Alice - the soundtrack to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It is a rock song, no doubts about that, and it opens and ends with a couple of my all time favourite quotes "If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense, nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't" and "And contrary wise what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be it would, you see?"


So what do we think of this weeks offerings? Good? Bad? Whatever, it's my blog, my choice!! But if you do have any suggestions or wanna know more about the songs/artists here just let me know :)
Much love,

Liam x

No comments:

Post a Comment