23/04/2012

Hufen Iâ Cneuen Goco

This is, of course...


Coconut ice cream!
Coconut ice cream is, by far, my favourite flavour ice cream and today I got to taste my first ever, home made ice cream for the first time and it is yummy! So I thought I'd brag about my skills share the recipe - here it is:

  • 600ml double cream
  • 400g coconut milk (1 tin)
  • 150g desiccated coconut
  • 5 tablespoons caster sugar

Method:
In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream until thick. 
Fold in the coconut milk, desiccated coconut and sugar.
Pour the mixture into a container and freeze for at least eight hours, stirring ever hour or so to keep it smooth.

And it's that simple! 
As you can see, I had some of my ice cream on top of some apple slices which makes for a yummy combination as the apples have a sharp flavour and the sweet, creamy coconut ice cream kind of tones it down a bit.

The ice cream is very yummy and simple to make, so give it a go! x

No comments:

Post a Comment